Tuesday

Watercolor Images and perfect panels

Today I played around with watercoloring images. I just love this Mon Ami Stamp and Die set from CAS-ual Fridays, and was thrilled to get to work with it!





I stamped the images onto watercolor paper with Tsukineko Graphite Black Brilliance Ink and heat embossed with Judikins detail clear embossing powder and die cut them. Because I am new to watercoloring, I painted quite a few of them playing around with shading and other variations to see what I liked.




When watercoloring small images, temporarily adhere them to a piece of cardstock so you don't smudge the images with your fingers - I do the same thing when Heat Embossing small images so I don't burn my fingers!


When I got a few I was happy with I used a Sakura Glaze pen to "emboss" the circles above the flowers. I used a white card base with a black panel that I stamped with a sentiment from the Wallflowers stamp set in white pigment ink and heat embossed with Ultra fine White embossing powder. I tied twine around the panel and adhered to the card base and topped off with a cute little bow! 


I cut each panel out of white cardstock with the Square piercing die from My favorite Things. then cut another layer out of red cardstock slightly larger than the die cut. I cut another layer in in white then I cut a panel out of red cardstock to fit just above the sentiment. I used foam dots to adhered the watercolored flowers to the top panels, and stamped the bottom squares. The lines didn't quite reach or fill in the where the panels sloped down, so I used a Faber Castell Fine Tip black pen and a ruler to stretch the line to the flowers.




I am entering this card in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.
Looking for a challenge to enter? Check out my Craft Challenge List for an extensive list of Challenges





 photo HomespunEleganceSignature7_zps96c24c19.png
Post a Comment

LinkWithin