Wednesday

Bierocks/Runza/Meat Pies...what ever you call them they are De-Lic-Ious!

I got an overwhelming response for readers asking for the recipe for the Bierocks I posted to my facebook page this week that I wanted to share the way that I make them with you! 


Now I am ALL about saving time and money so you will notice most of my recipes have a pre-made item (s) on the shopping list! For me, cooking is all about creating something delicious, but let's face it, we've ALL got a budget we need to live on these days!


Ingredients:

Rhodes Frozen Rolls 36 pack
3 lbs of Hambugar Meat
1 Large Onion
1 Large Head of Cabbage
2 Cans of Creamy Mushroom Soup
Wertcheshire Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Melted Butter

Set out frozen Rolls to Rise. This takes hours so prepare ahead of time! I set mine out in the morning and cover with Plastic Wrap

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Brown Hambugar Meat and Drain. Place back on low heat and add in thinly diced onion (or onion flakes), 2 Cans of Creamy Mushroom Soup, 2 TBLS of Wertcheshire Sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons each of each; Salt , Pepper & Garlic Salt. Mix thoroughly

Finely chop the Cabbage head and mix in. Cover until Cabbage is wilted. Remove from Heat. 

Roll out the Rolls (Should have at least doubled in size) very thin using a rolling pin and flour where needed. 


Fill with mixture and gather the ends of the roll pulling them towards the center and close Bierock by pinching the roll where it meets. This will be the bottom of the Bierock. Place on cooking sheet and brush top with melted butter.

Bake at 350 degrees for approx 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.



NOTE: If the mixture is too wet the roll will not close properly, so place mixture into a strainer for a brief minute and return to pot.

NOTE: The roll make break where it is too thin or while pulling to close. They aren't the prettiest, but they taste just the same! 

Note: To store these without them getting soggy wrap them individually in a paper towell and store in a plastic baggie in the fridge or freezer. These are pretty time consuming, so when I make them I make all 36 rolls and Freeze some for later.

I'd love to hear if you make them!! Stop in and post a photo of yours to my Facebook Page at:



PS This recipe is compliments of Preston's Mom! She is my go to gal for recipes!

 photo HomespunEleganceSignature7_zps96c24c19.png
Post a Comment

LinkWithin