Monday

DIY Refurbished Chalkboard Decor out of a Cabinet Door

I have submitted this project for the selection process of Creating with the Stars! I created a new post for this fabulous opportunity Here! Make sure to stop in to check out East Coast Creative Blog, where the creator's of this series are hosting a Link Up Party for YOU to Show what you've got! 



Happy Monday Everyone!! Have I got a FUN and FABULOUS treat for you today! I am so excited to have been selected to Design for May Arts 2013 -2014 Design Team, and even more excited that my first project will be a part of their Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for their new Web Design! Make sure to stop on over! The giveaway is over 1,000.00 (yes) that's 3 ZERO'S!!


Today is the first Day in the Blog Hop, so you should have come from Jenifer Cowles Blog, if not make sure to start on the May Arts Blog to be entered into the Giveaway!!



Here is a Close up of my Project! If you've been keeping up with my insane Life, my kiddo and I recently moved, and I was losing my keys daily in our new house. They'd be found in the car, in the door, in boxes in the house, so I needed a place to hang our keys with a quickness! ;) I had an unfinished cabinet door I had picked up at a garage sale for $3.00 in the garage and decided it was perfect!!


I bought a can of paint that was Mis-Tinted at the hardware store for $3.00 and painted the trim on the cabinet door. You can find so many fun colors of paint for great prices in the mis-tint section! Go give it a look! I bet you will find something for a project you've been wanting to do!


To distress the cabinet door, I just used a bunch of tools out of my tool bag, and even some of my jewelry tools got in on the action!


After distressing, use coffee grounds, tea bags, or ink to stain the piece.


Rinse off your project to remove any remaining Coffee grounds and let dry



A Close up of how the coffee grounds "settle" into the Distress marks



Tie your amazing selection of May Arts Ribbon (I chose the Chevron 1.5 inch ) around a sheet of chalkboard paper, and your favorite familiy photos and adhere to the cabinet.


Screw in hooks to the bottom to hold your families keys!


I hope you loved the project today! It sure has come in handy!

Next Stop !!
 on to the lovely and talented Courtney Lee

....................................................................................

May Arts Blog
Shop


Here is the Entire Line Up for Monday and Tuesday just in case you might need it! Happy Hopping and good luck!


Monday
Christina Colón
Gini Williams Cagle
Emily Lanham
Jenifer Cowles
Jessica Kephart
Courtney Lee
Latrice Murphy
Charlene Driggs
Erin Thiem

Tuesday
Candy Rosenberg
Jen Shears
Karen Baker
Lalo IK
Virginia Fynes
Rhea Weigand
Shellye McDaniel
Sandy Allnock
DeeDee Catron



 photo HomespunEleganceSignature7_zps96c24c19.png
Post a Comment

LinkWithin