Friday

A Contemporary DIY Wedding with May Arts Ribbon!

Subscribe via e-mail  Pinterest   Facebook    Bloglovin   Twitter


May Arts Round 2 Design Team Call Project
Curtain Call Crew Inspiration Challenge Blog
Crafty Chicks Blog Hop - Christmas in July
Sweet Finds into Sweet Treasures



Hey guys! Good Afternoon! Let me tell you, this is the CLOSEST I have ever cut it to a post deadline! I usually have my projects done and post up month's in advance, however, with all of the changes going on at my blog, the giveaways, fan days, and not to mention a lot here at home, my life has just flown by without a spare second! 

I am beyond thrilled to have made it to Round 2 in the selection process for the May Arts Design Team! I am so excited by the idea of being a Ribbonista! And with the selection of May Arts Ribbons, their will certainly be no lack of inspiration from the products!! I am in love with the new textiles in Burlaps! I think everyone knows how much I love burlap, but today, I am working with VERY TRENDY Chevron Ribbons, and let me tell you, they are HOT HOT HOT!

Here are the Products I used in this Contemporary Wedding! 
{I think you will be shocked at how inexpensive it was to put this amazing set together!}

May Arts Ribbon

Black Cardstock
White Cardstock
Adhesive
Mason Jar

In addition, I used a Free Printable Set from E.M. Papers with a very contemporary feel that matched the May Arts Ribbons. I just love the trendy feel of this set! It is so minimal, and the focus is on the ribbon! 

For my Wedding Set I created the following; 

Bridal Bouquet
Bow Tie for the Ring Bearer
Wedding Favors for Guests
Guest Book to give wishes to the Happy Couple
Invitations
RSVP Cards
Table Settings
Napkin Coordinates
Table Tent Cards
Table Numbers
Floral arrangement
Votives
Wrapped Gifts
Frame wrapped in Ribbon

LOL - YES! I used ALL of the ribbon I was sent! I had also intended to do the project outside, but wasn't able to get ahold of the two tables I needed to set it up for photos! And that is good because I didn't have enough ribbon to finish the rest of my ideas! ;) I imagined Sewn Garlands Stretching across the trees in our yard! When you do your wedding using these ribbons as inspiration, remember, I had 3 yards of each, so ensure you order enough! I certainly made a LOT of projects with what I did have tho! 

For the First Project, here is the Brides Bouquet and the Ring Bearers Bow Tie! How awesome is it that if you keep the theme & colors very basic, you can use the ribbon throughout so many of the details throughout your event! 
{Click photos to view enlarged}

Isn't this little Bow Tie and Bridal Bouquet so simple, clean, but just darling! Perfect for any contemporary Bride! 



Table Setting Pieces! Table Numbers & Tent Cards




 Invitations, RSVP Cards & Guest Book




I used MS Word & Printed out the text "Guest Book" & "Thank you for Riding Along" & mimicked the thin Black Border used throughout the Wedding theme.


The Guest Book has a Ribbon attached on the inside to mark the page that guests are on when writing in their wishes for the Happy Couple! Very CUTE & super simple to do!



Here is our Happy Couple's Gift Table! This Ribbon looks EXCEPTIONAL on wrapped gifts!! The Quatrefoil Wrapping paper is from the Dollar Section at Target! This amazing Wedding costs mere pennies compared to others if you take the time to look around & find items that you can use, & keep the colors to a minimum! 


Another view of the Wedding Table & Frame in the black &White Chevron Twill Ribbon



Here is a glimpse of how the Table would look set up with the Votive Candles, Napkin Wraps, Vase Table tent cards, Table Numbers & Wedding Favors! I just love the Clean & Simple Feel! 





And Some Close ups 







So, what do you think?! I really hope that you like it, & if you have a wedding coming up, will think about some of the tips I've given here!! You really can save a lot of Money by doing some of the things yourself! By simply using the same main colors throughout with one accent color, you can inexpensively create a wonderfully contemporary wedding by using Ribbons to coordinate & embellish parts of your wonderful occasion! 

Well guys, wish me Luck! This is certainly one Design Team Call that has had me both thrilled & nervous for some time now! :) I hope to be telling you all VERY SOON that I am one of May Art Ribbons NEWEST RIBBONISTAS!!

Love and Hugs! 

Jess


 photo HomespunEleganceSignature7_zps96c24c19.png
Post a Comment

LinkWithin