Thursday

Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum - Delicioso! Sweet Apple Turnovers Made Easy!

As you might be able to tell from the title of my post, I have been watching LOT's of Dora the Explorer Lately!! It's Masons favorite show right now! That and the Lorax by Dr Suess. Mason LOVES jamming out to the soundtrack of The Lorax! andI have to admit, I do too!! Below are some pics from our Last Concert ;)






Last night I had a bit of a sweet tooth, and I wanted an apple turnover. I never buy patries at the grocery store, so I decided to see what I could do with what we had on hand!

 
For this quick and simple turnover I used:

For Turnovers:
Rhodes Rolls (4) - Let rise at room Temp
3 small Apples Peeled and Diced
3 TBLS of Brown Sugar
2 TBLS of Sugar
3 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla


Top Coating:
1 TBLS melted butter

1 TBLS Sugar & 2 Teaspoons of sugar mixed together

Flour - to roll out Rolls

Place your Rolls out early to let rise - this takes a few hours.

Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees

In 4 cups of water  boil diced apples for 30 minutes, on low heat. Add Brown Sugar, Sugar and Cinnamon and Vanilla, and heat on low for 7-10 minutes. It should take on a carmalized (thick brown) appearance.

Roll out rolls in Flour to make a flat circle. (I do this by hand and Pull the dough from the center)

Place about 2 1/2 TBLS of the Apple Mixture into the center, and fold over to make a pocket. Secure the ends using a fork the press down the seam. Brush with melted butter (both sides) and coat with Sugar and Cinnamon mixture.

Place in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes (or golden brown) on one side, and another 7 - 10 minutes on the other.

(If you don't turn over during the baking process, one side will end up soggy!!)



Drop on a dallop of Cool Whip if eating right away, and If you have left over carmalized apples scoop them on top for a great looking, EASY desert that your guests (and Family) will think took you ALL DAY to prepare!!


AND as promised, Here are some photos from our latest Jam Session!! Mason decided he thought it was winter and needed to wear his Panda hat, and Gloves! Thank goodness you can't see me ;) I had on a White Knit Scarf, Black Leather Gloves, and my Boho Chic Beanie!! LOL

 

 
 




 
Post a Comment

LinkWithin