Friday

Paper Wreaths and Home Decor Hop!



Well good morning to you all!! Welcome to the Paper Wreaths and Home Decor Hop hosted by the Lovely Laurie Mince! If you haven't heard yet, Laurie does a FEATURED ARTIST FRIDAY every single Friday on her blog! If you would like to particpate, and have your amazing projects shown, please join us in her Facebook Group and add YOUR blog to the line up!


Laurie is also giving away BLOG CANDI!! To enter, please make sure that you follow and comment on each of the Hops along the way!!


Great Prize Right?!?!

So remember to follow and comment on this short hop today!!


For my project today, I have needed some Christmas Decor for some time now. Until I had my beautiful Son, I told my Mother that I was a minimalist {YES, I even threw away photos!! - GASP}, and that I would only need 1 home decor item per holiday. For Christmas, that was a tree.

I served in the military for 7 years, and moved around quite a bit at first, and lived in barracks, with 1 other Coastie, the Lovely Jessica Wall, or on a ship with enough space for a blanket and some shampoo!! So, needless to say, Decor was not a priority for a long time!

Then, last Christmas, my Son had the best of time looking at Christmas lights! We would drive around and around so he could see them and ooh and aww. So, this year, I have a lot of items packed up and ready to go for this coming Christmas!! I can't WAIT!!



{Please Click Photos to enlarge}


Anyhow, onto my project! I purchased the twig wreath at Michaels, and used a Recollections Christmas CardStock Pack for the Rosettes. I have two of Tim Holtz Dies for rosettes, a Med/Small die, and a large rosette die. I used all three on this project. I cut the Recollections card stcok to two inch strips and ran them through the Big Shot - A VERY BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY TEAM!! My original big shot was broken in a battle with a coke pop can. Very unfortunate!! And my team got together, and sent me one in the mail! This group of women are so great!! {Our fearless host is one of those lovely ladies!!} Hugs Girls!!



I used Hot glue on my rosettes, a MUCH quicker way, let me tell you, than using ANY other adhesive!! I placed the rosettes on the wreath first, then the embellishments to make sure it was spaced correctly.



Then, I found the twig that was wrapping the wreath to keep it together, and snagged every green, red and white button I could find, to adorn this peice. I used hot glue on most parts of this project. Hot Glue Heats fast, holds like crazy, and sets fast!!



In the middle is a Home cut from the Cricut Imagine and Snow Angel Cartridge. Hopefully when you enlarge the photos you can see the texture on the house. I used Snow Tex for this effect, and added a little glitter to the base.


The Santa Embellishments are from Jolees. Aren't they Cute as can be!!!





Well, I hope you enjoyed my wreath for today!! Laurie's Hops are always very creative projects, and make a person stretch their creativity!!


And it looks like I am the last on the stops for todays Hop!! I hope that you had a great time! I know that I LOVE challenging myself in Lauries Hops!! She always has a spectacular theme to play along with!!

Here is the line up in case you missed it, or are jsut stopping by to say hi!! But while you are here, you may as well join in the fun!!


Laurie Mince - http://mincedpaper.blogspot.com
Sandy Suarez - http://simplycraftycreationsbysandys.blogspot.com
Ashley Townsend - http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com
Connie Layman - http://conniescraftycloset.blogspot.com
Wandy Monge-Pizarro - http://greenapplescrapper.blogspot.com/
Connie Wallenbrock - http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/
Jessica Kephart - http://homespunelegance.blogspot.com/





If you missed it, we have just launched an online Magazine with crafting tutorials, Breakthrough Designers, a monthly color challenge with Fabulous DT Inspiration, and Fantastic Crafty Events Calendar, Card Section, Sweet delectables section, and a Helpful blogger and Man Cave!! You won't want to miss out on the amazing giveaways either!!


http://www.ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com/2012/07/homespun-affair-july-2012-edition.html


50.00 in Goods From Dees-Deelights
50.00 in product from Tsunami Rose Vintage Printables
50.00 in Close to My Heart gift package

and 25.00 in Goodies from CTMH consultant Tiffany Simmons for the COLOR challenge!!

This months color challenge is Red, White and Blue!! Don't miss out!! Just 2 more days to enter!!



Post a Comment

LinkWithin