Wednesday

DIY Father's Day Coordinate Gifts






If you missed my post for Father's Day for Pink by Design you can still check it out HERE!!



Good Morning All, and Happy Father's Day to our male readers! This is Jessica from Homespun Elegance and I am incredibly excited to be sharing my first post as a Designer for the Lovely Sarah Hamer, Owner and Designer of Pink By Design!
For my project for you all today, I used 4 Pink By Design Stamp Sets:
I hope that you love what I've made! I sure do {and I sure Hope that Preston does too!}

Supplies:
Pink by Design Newsprint Background Stamp
DCWV Brights Matt Stack and Borders
Sanding Paper
White Bag
2" Square Punch
2" Circle Punch
Beige Card Stack
Paint Pad Black Ink
Black Grosgrain Ribbon 1.5"
Stapler
Joann's Dollar Bin DAD Chipboard peice
ATG
Black Tissue Paper
Crop a Dile
Stampin Up Eyelets
Journal
Small Hole Punch
Paper Trimmer
Altered Journal
Altered Journal
Assembly:
I had found a journal on deep clearance to facelift ;) Using the same beige cardstock, ink and Newsprint stamp, I stamped my images and cut to size for the cover and back panel of the journal. I used the DCWV Brights Border set to outline the background stamp. I had to take of the Plastic bindings, and re-created the inserts for it with a small hole punch. On the inner pannels I created panels to hold items, such as the bookmark or a pen. I also added another 3/4 circle punch in black as well as a Black flag, and stamped the sentiment Remember These Days from the Pink by Design Just Breathe Set.

Gift Bag:
Assembly:
I stamped 2 peices of 8.5 x 11 Beige Cardstock with the Newsprint Background stamp, until the entire surface was covered with the image and cut it to the size of each side of my bag. Then inked all of the edges of the white bag thouroughly with Black ink. I measured 14 inches of grosgrain black ribbon and stapled them to the inside of the bag. I adhered the Beige Stamped cardstock to each side of the bag with my ATG ensuring there was no white peeking through :)
I used the DCWV Brights Border Pack for the black ribbon (2" x 12") and cut to 5 inches. I used a 2" Square punch to form the V shape at the bottom and sanding with a course sanding paper, and inked the edges in black. For the Circle on the bag, I used DCWV Brights Matt Stack, and inserted 3/4 into a 2" circle punch. I sanded the peice and adhered to the Bag.
I attached the DAD sentiment for a pop of color and black tissue paper! Easier than it sounds!!
BookMark
Here is a quick and simple bookmark!!
Assembly:
I used two peices of the DCWV Borders and adhered together (Back to back). I used the My Type and Just a Note sentiment stamps from Pink by Design to stamp the Remember the Journey Phrase to the blue strips of scraps.
Using the same techniques and peices leftover from the bag, I made the partial circle and V at the Bottom. I also used Stampin up Grey eyelets, Natural Jute Cord, and my crop-a-dile.

Thank you so much for stopping by!! If you haven't linked up for this weeks Ink it Pink Challenge {theme – Masculine projects} please remember to get them in by Tuesday for your chance to win a Gift Card to purchase one of the amazing stamp sets shown today!!
Also don't forget to grab the Ink i Pink Badge to display on your page! It is a challenge requirement! For the first month of the challenge, any stamp sets can be used for your project!! ;0) Would love for you to stop by and play!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE DADDY'S OUT THERE!
xoxoxoxox,
Jessica
 
Post a Comment

LinkWithin