Wednesday

DIY Organization for Ribbon and Supplies

WOW!  I have had so much going on lately I haven't posted as much as I'd like to, so I apologize, but if you have missed it, Homespun Elegance now has a Sister blog A Homespun Affair and myself and a great team of girls have started an online magazine for all things crafty! If you haven't joined the release party yet, I would suggest doing so soon!! We have hundreds of dollars worth of great sponsors giveaways, so be sure to check it out and get in your entries!

https://www.facebook.com/events/168038453324734/

 I was cleaning up my craft area last night, and I decided that I needed some new holders for my tools, markers, pens and scissors. This is a QUICK and EASY (Just like I like it!) way to take some things you would normally throw away, and re-use it and make it beautiful AND organize some things! Doesn't just need to be for your crafty items! Would look great at your office, whether at home or outside of the home!                                 

(Click photos to enlarge)




Want to know what they are? :) They are 2 black bean cans, a large green bean can, and a used candle! ;)  Here is the proof!





This is SO Simple!! I cut 12x12 paper in strips to fit, adhered it with my ATG gun, and cut my ribbon for the top and bottom and used the ATG gun there as well! Super Duper Easy!!

To find out more on how to re-use the candle with further instructions CLICK HERE

I had also decided that I needed to finally clean up my loose ribbons - this takes a bit longer to organize, but is well worth the effort, is clean and tidy, and I am not buying more ribbon because I don't know what all I have or I can't seem to find it!! ;)

I Purchased 2 packs of 6 3M stick mount Cup Hooks, and re-used the packaging and wound ribbon around it. I also used some packaging from a stamp set as shown below and fancied it up for you, although, really, I don't need my stuff really gussied up But wanted to show you how simple it is!



This is the backing to the stamp set. I cut it in half to have to pieces.  I cut 12x12 paper to size and adhered with my ATG Gun, I used a hole punch at the top and starting to wrap the ribbon around, I secured the ribbon at the tip with a dab of my ATG tape. 






This one is not gussied up and is the packaging for the Cup mounts ;) LOL



Here they are on my ribbon holder all neat and organized! If you would like the instructions on how to make this HUGE ribbon holder, CLICK HERE



GREAT TIP - I always secure the ends of my ribbon with a dab of my ATG gun so that it stays in place.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please leave me a comment! I always LOVE hearing from you and hope that I have inspired you to be creative with what you have!

xoxoxoxox


Post a Comment

LinkWithin