Wednesday

DIY Home Decor Topiary




For my Project today, I created a Topiary using the Art Philosophy Cartridge! This Cartridge is AMAZING and has some amazing cuts that come with matching chipboard pieces and stamps, and is from Close to My Heart. If you would like to purchase this fantastic Cartridge, my dear friend, and Design Team Sister, Tiffany is a CTMH Consultant and has a ton of great products available!! To order this cartridge and other CTMH products click here

I used the 3-D flowers on page 68 - It is in the Font layer <S>
I cut them all out on pink 8.5x11 cardstock and @ 4 inches was able to get 4 with the Auto fill feature.I used 90 Flowers :) You begin rolling from the outter end - I used my pinky and rolled it tight into the center, and it rests on the flat cut in the middle

Initally I had the most difficult time finding an adhesive strong enough to hold these - I tried Glubers, Zip Dry, ATG, double sided clear tape, etc - None of these worked (The zip dry did after about 5 minutes of holding the flower to the center - for 90 flowers - NOT HAPPENIN MY FRIENDS :) So, I tried my Hot Glue gun and thank goodness! It worked! 

I inked the edges of some of the flowers with a darker shade of pink from a Ditto Dye pad, and some I sprayed with a GREAT product called SMOOCH Spritz.

I purchased a Styrofoam ball and Corsage pins from the floral section of my craft store and began pinning away! I noticed some of the pieces of Styrofoam were showing through. In retrospect, I should have wrapped with a darker shade of Pink Ribbon but I used a very light shade of pink satin that I had on hand to cover these areas.


I was going to place in a Pot and cover with Moss, but wanted to do something different with it, so I mounted it to a tall candle holder that we had :) I just LOVE the way it turned out and I hope that you do too!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and please leave me a comment, and if you have't stop by my facebook page and "like" HomespunElegance
Post a Comment

LinkWithin