Thursday

Elmos Surprise Party Cartridge party decor

Hello again!! Sorry that it's been so long since I have been with you all! 



My Son is absolutely entranced with ELMO right now! To go to sleep he has to have 3 things, his bankie (blanket), mook (milk) and EMO (Elmo). With his Second birthday right around the corner I have had to start getting some things ready for his party and of course we will be featuring none other than EMO!!

For my projects I used the Elmo's Party Cricut Cartridge - this cartridge has some FANTASTIC party decor items on it!! You will need a 12x24 mat for the party - so please be aware~! 

On to the projects!! 

First up!

Elmo Cupcake Wrapper and Toothpick Decoration! All decorations were cut on my Cricut Expression 2 Anniversary Edition


The Wrappers were cut at 2.5 inches with all layers - I thought they were so cute as was I didn't do anything but ink the edges in red. I would have cut them slightly larger though - maybe 2.6. 

The toothpick Decorations were cut at 1.5 inches on 8.5x11 inch cardstock and comes to quantity of 30 which was perfect. I did the base in black twice (for a total of 60) as I needed a backing for his mouth and a backing piece for the toothpick - I didn't realize this until I started assembling this - but that is the great part about this blog! You get to read about my mistakes first and NOT DO THEM 

Up Next is the Elmo Party Hat!


The hat was cut on red cardstock that was 12*24 inches (and on my 12x24 mat) @ 5.25. I also had to rotate it 90 degrees. I used Yellow and Blue Bling and two of the toothpick decorations as accents for the hat. I glossed the Elmo faces with glue. 

The large Elmo bag (shown below) was cut at 10.85 inches, and the small bag was cut at 5.0 inches. Really, the only thing the smaller bag may be good for is a 6 pack of crayons or something small for the party, but I just thought the bag was so cute!! 


For the Banner, the background pieces are pre-programmed shapes in the Anniversary Edition V2 in the Essentials Cartridge and cut to 7.5 inches. Mason just selected his favorite EMO'S and Mommy's machine cut them :) I cut "elmo" from the Elmo's Party Cartridge as well. I did use some Major 3-d Pop dots :) They have some major dimension!





Thank you for coming back and checking in! I really appreciate it and love hearing from all of you!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin