Thursday

Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge Christmas Card

I cut the cards from 12x12 white cards stock into 3x12 inch strips and inked all of the edges in blue. I cut the snowman from the Winter Woodland cartridge Page 47. There are some darling cuts on this cartridge!! You will see more from this one on a project very soon to come!! The Snowman was cut at 4 3/4 inches with all layers. I inked his eyes in a black felt tip marker.


Since I knew I needed about 80 Christmas cards this year, I cut them all at once from a very inexpensive poster-board that I had gotten on sale from Walgreens for 10 cents a board! It was such a great buy!! I wish I had gotten more! The size of the sheet is 22"x28" I just cut it down to 11 inches and into workable sizes for what I need from there! (Pictured below). I have ended up using these - I bought 17 at this time - for multiple projects.



 Since I was doing so many at a time, I bunched them together to ink the edges. Expect a few mistakes on the top and bottom ones, and keep alcohol pads or baby wipes handy. If you turn the glossy side up on both of the ends, you will be able to clean the ink off if you are quick! (Not matte side up tho! It just smears it in :) PROMISE


I simply stamped Merry Christmas multiple (80 :) times on a sheet of white card stock, used my paper trimmer, a hole punch, inked them in red, and tied raffia around the end. I glued the raffia to the end and trimmed what was hanging over.



I used my Creative Memories Snowflakes Punch with a Metallic Shimmery Silver cardstock for the snowflake and glued it in place. That's it! Other than the detail in the scarf on the snowman it was very simple. My only hindsight suggestion for this one would be use a cardstock (I used paper) for the layers on the snowman and multi-cut, they will tear away easier. I had to punch out each individual hole you see here, but for 80 snowmen!! YIKES!!!!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin