Thursday

DIY Photo Frame Magnets

The frames are cut from the Stretch your Imagination Cartridge Page 78. In my design studio I made it 4X6.

I like to cut my magnet adhesive side up, leaving the adhesive on until I am ready to place my first layer of paper. I then ran the paper through my cricut in the exact same cut (just less depth of the blade). 

Since my magnet was black and my paper was a pearlized white, I inked the inside and outer edges of the frame with a white stamp paint. 

I then peeled off the adhesive backing and lined up my paper and stuck it on pushing out any air bubbles. For the Greeting "Happy Holidays" I simply ran a piece of vellum through my printer with the saying 3 times per line and 10 lines per page (30x). I am not that great at stamping so this always works well!! :) 


The Christmas trees are from the Woodland Winter Cartridge cut at 3 1/4 inches. There are 3 per cut - I cut 2 so I would have 6 total for the 3 frames I was making. I did not place the snow on the top of the trees. I think they turned out just lovely with the patterned paper.



From there, I just grabbed some cute and rustic buttons from my stash - RUSTIC was the look I wanted on these - and tied a bow with some Brown Jute Cord (In your Jewelry Making Department) and adhered it with pop dots. 

 


Post a Comment

LinkWithin